Onsite Digital Scanning, 3D CAD Model Building
BAY provides complete onsite digital scanning capabilities to create replications of historical elements without having to remove the original from the structure. The hand-held digital scanner produces a full 3D CAD model used to generate CNC cutter paths to cut the stone/granite or create molds for GFRC, GFRG or Composite Polyurea replications.
Photos: Top, left-to-right
- Worn, historic lintel prior to replacement, 34 Beacon St, Boston.
- Scanning lintel onsite.
- Full 3D lintel CAD model on laptop screen.
- Blue surface shows high resolution of lintel scan.
- Original historic insert before replacement, 540 Comm Ave, Boston
- Insert mold CNC milled in HDU from scan data.
- Section of final replicated GFRC insert.
- Final full GFRC insert replication.
- Digital scanning system.